1. The artist retains ownership of full copyright in the work and is free to sell further rights for its use unless otherwise agreed. If the client takes up additional rights, permission must first be obtained and a fee will be agreed at that time. If the client buys the original artwork the sale of further rights by the artist is not affected.
2. Full payment will be made within 30 days of the date of invoice. Rights as agreed are not guaranteed until payment in full has been received by the artist.
3. The artist can only keep to the agreed delivery dates if any necessary reference material is supplied and the rough is passed without delay. The client is responsible for for the clearance of copyright on anymaterial supplied for use by the artist.
4. If the work is cancelled aproportion of the fee will be payable according to the amount of work done. If the work is rejected at rough stage the client will pay a third of the agreed artwork fee plus agreed expenses. If the finished artwork is rejected the fee is negotiable but it will not be less than half the agreed artwork fee, and if the artist has followed the brief correctly and the work is consistent with that already shown to the client the the full fee is payable. If a rough rejection fee is paid the client has no right to use any part of the work and the rough remains the property of the artist.
5. The artist asserts his moral right of paternity and integrity, therefore the client does not have the right to make any alteration to the work unless agreed with the artist.
6. The artist has the right to use the work for self promotion.
7. The client will provide at least 3 proofs of the printed copies of the work where possible.
8. All future dealings between the client and the artist shall be on these terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed.
For UK customers : These terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales and may not be varied except in writing. The parties hereto submit to the non-exclusive juristiction of the English Courts.